Flying Like a Kite | Parasailing in Boracay


I thought I already saw the entire Boracay when we circled the whole Boracay Island through our island-hopping activity. But I never expected I'll be seeing it from the top. The view was spectacular and worth every penny.

Parasailing is one of the most expensive activity in Boracay. It involves 2-3 people attached to a parachute, hoisted up in the air by a speedboat. We availed the parasailing activity for 1200 pesos per person. We were 8 so we got a discounted price. Still quite expensive but seeing one of the most beautiful beaches in the world from above is definitely an experience to try in Boracay.

A speedboat picked us up at the White Beach around 11am during our 3rd day in Boracay. They brought us first on a floating hut - the station for parasailing as well as other activities. Only 8 out of 11 availed parasailing. The other 3 stayed in the hut to swim while waiting for us.

We were transferred to another speedboat in which the parachute was attached. We boarded the speedboat and went at the middle of the beach where parasailing will take place. We were divided into 3 groups. 3-3-2. My sister and I together with my friend Gelo went second.

While waiting, we were asked to wear our harnesses which will be attached to the parachute. After the first batch came our turn. We went at the back of the speedboat to have our harness fastened on the parachute. We sat on the speedboat and a few seconds after, we were hoisted up in the air... flying like a kite!







To tell you honestly, it was kinda scary. We were hearing the clac-clac noise of the steel attached to our harness. A lot of negative thoughts have actually crossed my mind. Mind over matter. Fear is just an illusion, I thought. Seeing the beauty of Boracay from above eliminated the fears I had that time. I just enjoyed the 15 minutes admiring   the island.

At the middle of the activity, the guy manning the speedboat dipped us on the water. Then we were raised again and a couple of minutes later, we felt that we were slowly pulled down. That could be the end of our turn. I felt a little dizzy after the activity. I don't know if it's because of parasailing or because of the waves moving the speedboat. Overall, it was a fun and awesome activity that made my Boracay trip extra special. 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh! I'm so jealous, been wanting to do this! When I went to Boracay, I didn't have much cash on me. Can't wait to go back and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, you should definitely try this... Kahit once lang.. Super worth the price. Btw, I love reading your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun! I hope I'll have the guts to try this when we go to Boracay. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ces! You should definitely try this! Enjoy your Boracay trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. before we know it, nasa taas na tayo! hehe nahilo ako jan, i didnt really enjoy parasailing. takot pala ako sa heights. toinks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ako din takot, kaso kasama ko yung younger sis ko. mahirap na makantsawan! kaya tapang-tapangan nalang! hehe! after ng parasailing, para kaming masusuka nung mga kasama ko. pero okay yung view, dbest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can say that it was a great experience. My first time riding the Parasailing feels like it was the fastest 15minutes of my life. While reading your post, I can't keep smiling as I remember the feeling :). I should pack my things now and get Boracay packages on www.Boracaygo.com. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete